Poster: Holy Week Easter
Sunday April 9, Palm Sunday
At both our 8 and 10 a.m. services we focus on the energy of celebration as Jesus enters Jerusalem. Crosses are blessed and we take up the theme of pilgrimage into uncertain times
- Traditional Holy Communion with blessing of the palms at 8 a.m. in the chapel
- Contemporary Holy Eucharist with grand procession and blessing of the palms at 10 a.m. in the cathedral
Monday April 10, Tuesday, April 11, Wednesday Apr &l 12, we gather each evening at
5 p.m. in the chapel to read portions of Matthew’s Passion Narrative, a recitation with reflections and time for quiet prayer and interactive art.
No Wednesday Communion Service during Holy Week
Maundy Thursday April 13, we gather at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. for Maundy Thursday worship. The evening rite includes interactive prayers and devotions in different styles including prayer, anointing and foot-washing servant leadership
- 10 a.m. A traditional rite in the Chapel
- 7 p.m. A contemporary rite in the Cathedral, with special music and interactive prayer
Good Friday April 14 we gather at 10 a.m. for a special rite titled Reconciling Love, a service of reflection, meditation and special music led by our wonderful choir
There are no services scheduled for Holy Saturday this year
Easter Day, April 16 we gather
- We begin early, on the North Shore at 5 a.m. on the beach accessible off Schubert Drive
- We continue with our customary Traditional Holy Communion rite in the chapel at 8 a.m.
- We conclude with our customary Contemporary rite in the cathedral at 10 a.m.